3/01/2009

If I Want It, I'll Pay For It?

Don't you just love the Internet? Especially, its excessive capabilities. I can watch any TV show I've missed during the week on it, which beats Tivo any day. But what's more interesting is the ability to utilize the Internet as a launching pad for new products, particularly as of lately, the marketing of products with webisodes. The first effort for launching a product I've noticed is from the Chevrolet Traverse with 2 -minute webisodes of My Manny (which has the potential of becoming one of my favorite TV shows). But what's really caught my attention is the partnership between Honda and Mickey Factz. The website is centered around a show named Rhymes & Reasons which spoofs the late night show genre. I know many of you are like, "Hip Hop and a Honda Accord?" But the concept is very clever and probably more lucrative for the up-and-coming rapper Mickey Factz. The best thing about the website though is the FREE MUSIC. But will I buy either of these vehicles? Probably not. But it'll spark interest in those in search of a new vehicle. Just ask my mother. She just purchased a Traverse.

No comments: