5/14/2009

Tracks of the Moment: Busta Rhymes, TI, Mary J., & Hollyweerd

Ok here is a post I will try to keep up every week. I need to discipline myself. But I'm not going to make vague promises, hence the name "Tracks of the Moment" instead of "Tracks of the Week" or "...Day."

First up is Busta Busta. He teams up with Mary J. Blige, Jamie Foxx, John Legend, and Common on "Decision." I know. It sounds like he couldn't "decide" on who to sing the hook, but the appeal of the track transcends any chance of the track being over-done. It's a beautiful track that is timely and soothing. I don't smoke, but it's one of those songs that you just sit back and light up a blunt to relax after a stressful day at work. Hmmm!

TI follows suit with another duet with Mary J. on "Don't Forget." And the hook is definately "unforgettable." I love it. Its another track thats reflective in nature, and of course The Queen brings the song to new heights. I definately won't forget.

Last but not least is the future of hip hop, Hollyweerd's "Automatic Classic." And that's what it is. I'll file this one under "riding music." It's one of those jams that you bump loudly for the whole neighborhood to hear on a hot summer day. And I can't stop singing the hook: This right here is an automatic classic.... I'll be checking for their new mixtape Candy for Kleptos.

No comments: